Sometimes you need a bigger ladder … or a shorter tree
14. R12 – Heartburn
The bigger the feast, the higher the likelihood Tums are involved.
13. Z72.820 – Sleep deprivation
In parents, it's from late nights prepping presents. In kids, it's likely anticipation of the big day.
12. Y93.23 – Activity, snow, sledding
Speeding down an icy hill on a piece of wood – what could possibly go wrong?
11. W00 – Fall due to ice and snow Snow: pretty to look at, just make sure you are watching where you walk.
10. V06.00XA – Collision with nonmotor vehicle
Grandma got run over by a reindeer, so it could happen to any of your patients as well.
9. V80.1 – Injury as occupant of animal-drawn vehicle
Should an older man with a beard arrive on say, Dec. 24, and seek medical attention, be very, very nice to him. It could pay off next year.
8. X08.8 – Burn by candle
As the nights of Hanukkah progress, you're more likely to see this one.
7. Z62.891 – Sibling rivalry
One teddy bear. Two sisters. You could see this one coming, couldn't you?
6. Y93.D – Arts and crafts injury
From hot glue gun burns to glitter-related skin irritation, this one runs the gamut this time of year.
5. Y93.G – Cooking injury
You should see the baker …
4. T75.4 – Electric shock
Desperate times sometimes call for dumb solutions. Be prepared.
3. F43.8 – Emotional stress
'Tis the season…
2. W61.4 – Contact with turkey
Around November, they start getting a bit nervous, so approach with caution. 1. Y92.59 – Injury at shopping mall
For those who love the thrill of the deals on Black Friday or returns after Christmas, you'll see this as a common code to use.