The National Committee on Quality Assurance has released a new ranking of nearly 500 private health plans.
The National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) has released a new evaluation of more than 500 private health plans, ranking 474 of them based on clinical performance, member satisfaction, and NCQA accreditation.
Eligibility for the rankings depended on each health plan’s public release of performance information and the submission of enough data for statistically valid analysis, according to NCQA. The top 10 health plans:
1. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - HMO/POS (Massachusetts, Maine)
2. Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization - HMO/POS (Massachusetts)
3. Capital Health Plan - HMO (Florida)
4. Tufts Benefit Administrators - PPO (Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
5. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - PPO (Massachusetts)
6. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado - HMO (Colorado)
7. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England - HMO/POS (New Hampshire)
8. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Northern California - HMO (California)
9. Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin - HMO (Wisconsin)
10. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Southern California - HMO (California)
Click here to see a full, detailed list of NCQA’s new rankings.