Reading, whether it's business books or classic novels, can bring a variety of benefits to entrepreneurs.
There are many reasons reading more is a good habit:
1. It’s free with a library card or at your street library by just taking a walk in your neighborhood.
2. It makes you a more interesting person.
3. It should make you realize that “If you are lucky enough to have been born of intelligent parents and if you work your ass off, you are statistically likely to have a pretty good career. If your career is any better than pretty good, it’s luck. There is no statement in life that I believe more than that. And the set of people on earth who I most hold in contempt are successful people who believe they deserve it.” Thinking, Fast and Slow is a good place to start.
4. It makes you a better writer.
5. It should make it easier for you to stand on the shoulders of giants.
6. It gives you something to talk about at dinner parties when more and more subjects are about things you can't talk about.
7. If you want to buy books, they look and feel good lined up in your library or den and are always there to comfort you.
8. Books inspire you, and help you understand people better.
9. It helps create a competitive advantage and the rare art of looking around curves and behind you in the rear view mirror at the same time.
10. It gives you something to do in the airport and helps with your summer digital detox rehab program.
Whether you read one book straight through, several at the same time, or whether you read the introduction, go to the end and then fill in the gaps, read more.
Hint: Emma Bovary throws herself under a train.
Reading this counts too.