America's most popular sport has a number of lessons for entrepreneurs. Here are 10 of them.
It's down to Broncos and the Panthers. The season started Thursday, Sept 10 and after 17 weeks and some elimination playoff games, here we are. That's longer than most entrepreneurs will spend at an accelerator and everyone has an opinion about why their favorite team wound up where they did or did not.
Come Super Bowl Sunday, entrepreneurs will be watching for:
1. The game plan and what teams have learned from previous defeats.
3. The talent of the players and their ability to execute, particularly when the QB calls an audible... “Talent hits a target no one
else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.” (Schopenhauer)
4. Changing the plan when things are not going well.
6. Just dealing with bad calls from the refs.
7. Overcoming uncontrollables, like injuries, the weather, or the pressure in the balls. Turnovers or fumbled handoffs could decide the game.
8. Bench strength.
9. Offense, defense, and special teams convergence.
And then, of course, there is Beyoncé at halftime.
The average American will inflate their waistline several inches by gobbling up at least 2,400 calories during the four- to five-hour football viewing extravaganza, according to the Calorie Control Council, a low calorie food industry group. I guess we'll have to delay that lean startup for a few weeks after all.