Long-term financial uncertainty can be a major cause of stress. Luckily, these seven steps can put you on a secure path forward.
Are you certain or uncertain about your financial future? If you’re like most people, you are not sure about what kind of shape your finances will be in 20 to 30 years from now.
What if you absolutely knew with a high degree of certainty your financial future, a.k.a. your retirement, will be everything that you want it to be? Would that relieve a certain amount of stress in your life? Would it give you more satisfaction in your work? For a lot of people the answer is yes, because we all want a secure financial future.
Here are seven steps to help you take control of your financial future:
1. Educate yourself. Start by forming a mastermind group with the goal of taking control of your financial future. When a group of like-minded individuals come together in harmony as one, and focus on solutions, almost any problem can be solved.
2. Self-reliance: Use the power of your mastermind group and stop relying on advisors, because they often have a hidden agenda of their own.
3. Set goals: Make a plan and stick with it based on your mastermind group results. You might have to make adjustments occasionally, but keep your eyes focused on your goal of controlling your financial future.
4. Safety First: Eliminate risks from your plan because when risk goes against you, (and it can) you quickly lose control. Imagine how much more control over your financial future you would have if your plan contained very little risk.
5. Live within your means: When you live within your means, you are financially in control of the present, which is critical to gaining financial control of your future.
6. Retire Tax free: If your retirement income is taxable, your financial future in uncertain, because you never know how high taxes will go.
7. Have fun: Because if you’re not having fun, you’re probably not doing it right. Remember, you’re in control of your future.
If you have questions, send an email to David@TheAlemianFile.com.
One last thing, I have a special invitation for you. On Wednesday, March 30th, at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific, my friends at Next Generation Trust Services are presenting a live webinar on self-directed IRAs. I’ll be on the webinar too talking about the Seven Retirement Killers. We’ll have a live open question and answer period, and you can ask me any question about retirement you like. It’ll be a great opportunity for us to interact together in a live open forum.
Absolutely, make sure you come back here next week to Physician’s Money Digest for another edition of the Alemian file.
Please register for “How to Avoid the 7 Retirement Killers Webinar” on March 30, at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific by clicking below: