Q&A: Tax-advantaged investments for disposable income

An option for residents and fellows who moonlight and want to defer some of their earnings into tax-advantaged plans is to open a Simplified Employee Pension plan.

Q: I've just started moonlighting at an acute care clinic to bring in additional income while in residency and wanted to know if there's any tax-advantaged investments I can utilize with some of my disposable moonlighting income?