It has been a rough start to 2017 when it comes to politics and healthcare. While no formal studies have been completed, many physicians say political talk with patients is increasing.
So what can doctors do when these awkward situations come up? We asked several physicians their best advice. Read on to find out what they had to say.
8. Redirect, redirect, redirect.
7. Focus on courtesy and respect.
6. Stick to the facts.
5. Remember that patients don’t always feel equal.
4. Treat the patient, not their politics.
3. Keep the focus on health.
2. Remember that patients can often be complex, even conflicted people.
1. Treat patients the way you would want to be treated.